lauantai 2. heinäkuuta 2022

One early summer morning















I wake up today, 2nd July, at 5 pm. My "alarm clock" was an odd sound, distant thunder.

Wow, the first one after weeks of drought! Next, the morning coffee and almost mandatory reading of web newspapers worldwide; SCMP, the Guardian, The New York Post, Japan Times, The New Strait Times, Allgemaine, Svenska Dagbladet, DN, SF Chronicle etc. Remember not to accept cookies or analytics!

 

Then I opened the radio knowing that reception is poor here in the ”radioskugga”. I.e. Finnish monopoly FM radio relay tower network (owned by a company in Boca Raton, FL, USA)  and broadcasters are not interested in the listeners in the becoming deserted countryside Finland. In govt. terms ”people living along the lower level road network”. 

This morning reception seemed to be very very poor, lots of noise and interference. Not a big problem for a guy like me, ”a sparkie”  (ex-radio-operator from the ancient era when a man could make his living by doing morse code).
I glimpsed out and gave an unintentional laugh. The background noise was RAIN. The first rain in weeks!

 

This cannot be missed. I run out to the garden like 60 years ago with pants on only. That´s what we did, me, my late sister and cousins, when we were kids in 1960s. Our grandmother even encouraged us to ran outdoors to have this cooling experience. N.b. We did not have have smartphones growing out of our palms, so there was no danger for electronics would get wet. The only electronics we had was a torch light!

 

On the way back to the kitchen it came to my mind. When Drew Barrymore, Hugh Grant, Andie MacDowell, Renée Zellweger, Gene Kelly and many other actors and actresses have been standing in the rain, so why not me!

 

Friends, go out to the rain and get wet. It is good for skin and gets under the skin and back to your childhood, too!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti